Monika Kadi Coulson
Albanian, Native Proficiency
9+ years of translation and interpretation experience.
BA in Education (Albanian Language) and Psychology.
Professionally trained in the USA in translation and interpretation
Worked as an in-house translator.
Active member of the ATA and UTIA.
Qualified court interpreter.
Extensive experience translating and interpreting Albanian into English
and English into Albanian for the US Immigration and Naturalization
Services, Army, Department of Health and Human Services, Albanian State
Supreme Audit Institution, courts, law enforcement, and hospitals.
Extensive experience with telephonic interpretation.
Interpreted for many international seminars, conferences, etc.
4 published books Albanian - English - Albanian
- Chosen to translate the "Declaration of Independence" from
English to Albanian for the Kosovar Refuges who came to the
United States. It was given to them on July 4, 1999.
- Translation and Interpretation Consultant for the US Army
INSCOM project at Fort Dix, New Jersey. Personal interpreter and
translator for the Village Mayor and the Village Life Operation
- Selected to interpret for the NJ Governor C Whitman during
her visit on July 4th, 1999 and I was also selected to
interpret at the Closeout Ceremony of the Operation Provide
- Simultaneous interpreter for the President of the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for their Semi-Annual General
Conference April 2000, October 2000, and April 2001.
- Conference Interpreter for the Kosova Municipal Leaders
Conference presented by the United States Institute for Peace,
Washington D.C. and Lexington, Kentucky. Feb-Mar 2001
Matthew Jay Coulson
Native English Proficiency
BA in Linguistics, minors in Computer Science, TESOL (Teaching English
as a Second or Other Language
Knowledge of Albanian, Spanish, Korean, Mandarin Chinese
Expert in Software Localization
5 published books
- Speaker at Rocky Mountain TESOL Conference
- Speaker at Deseret Language and Linguistics Symposium
- Published a paper on the influence of neighboring languages
in the formation of the two major Albanian Dialects (Geg and
- Worked as a technical writer for a major computer software
- Assisted in the development of cutting edge medical imaging
- Developed software for the management of terminological
- Assisted in the implementation of ISO 12620 (Data Categories
for terminological databases), and ISO 12200 (MARTIF
Machine-Readable Terminology Interchange Format).
- Developed software to teach beginning Albanian to
missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
© 2002 - All rights reserved.